Amputee / Prosthetic Training Program
Taking excellent care of an ever growing amputee population is one Fort Worth Physical Therapy’s greatest commitments.
Our comprehensive amputee evaluation and treatment program is designed to progress patients through the difficult stages of post-amputation recovery; advancing their strength, range of motion, balance and functional mobility.
As experts in gait training and body mechanics, we are able to assess, treat and eliminate abnormal movement patterns, allowing amputees to function in their environment with maximized safety, efficiency and decreased pain. Working closely with Fort Worth’s finest physicians and prosthetists, we are dedicated to our role as therapists, within the team of practitioners aimed at returning our patients to a high level of independence.
Benefits of or Amputee / Prosthetic Training Program:
- Comprehensive gait analysis and treatment
- Education in the use of your specific and unique prosthetic device
- Management of phantom pain / phantom sensation complaints
- Task specific strength and flexibility training
- Education on skincare and prosthetic maintenance to prevent wounds / further injury to your limb
- Close communication with your individual prosthetist
- Assessment of prosthetic equipment and assistive device needs
- Routine reassessment of progress toward individual goals
- Specific training in return to work and sporting activities for high level amputees